Last minute things to do before baby
Starting on the right foot: What moms should buy surpassing their victual arrives into the world
As you squint lanugo at your very pregnant belly, you’re probably feeling a handful of emotions. Love… Excitement… Pride… And of undertow everyone’s favorite, overwhelming anxiety. With that due stage fast unescapable on the horizon, the prospect of imminent parenthood can seem extremely daunting. It’s only natural to finger unprepared leading up to it, but the reality is many many have washed-up it before, and so can you.
It’s true, once your little one comes into this world parenthood will come at you fast and hard. But while this time is a bit of a trial by fire, it doesn’t midpoint there aren’t things you can do to help prepare yourself. One way to hit the ground running is to stock up on all those things needed for motherhood, both for yourself and your baby. Which is why we’ve prepared two checklists- one for things moms should buy for themselves, and one for what they should buy for their baby. Let’s trammels it out!
What mom needs surpassing victual arrives:
1) A quality breast pump and nursing bra– Between taking superintendency of your child, the home, and your office job, meeting your baby’s breastfeeding demands is a tall task for any mom. Which is why a quality breast pump and nursing bra is your weightier friend. A quality hands-free electric pump like the S9 Pro or S12 Pro from Momcozy can help you meet your baby’s demands while giving you the self-rule to move virtually and take on the other responsibilities in your life. A quality nursing or pumping bra allows for quick and user-friendly wangle for feeding or pumping and offers uneaten repletion and support for engorged breasts.
2) Nipple cream, breast hot/cold packs, nursing pads- Yes, whether you’re nursing or pumping, everything in life will seem to revolve virtually either your little one or your breasts. With issues ranging from dry, unpurified or sore nipples, to engorged breasts and mastitis, be sure you’re stocked up on the essentials that can requite you that sweet relief when needed.
3) Blanket- This one may not seem so obvious, but with all that quality time spent nursing, holding, or playing with your little one, having a nice mobile wrap to alimony you warm wherever you are will make your time much increasingly comfortable, expressly during the colder months.
4) Post-partum care- Let’s be real here. The recovery and transformation process your soul goes through post-partum is no joke. Stock up on all those little things that can help your soul navigate this process increasingly smoothly, including perineal ice packs, uneaten large maxi pads, stool softeners, post-partum recovery panties, and post-partum pajamas among other items. These items, while not glamorous, will make your life much easier. Remember, your mental health is just as important during this period. Put together a list of professional and medical help you can reach out to, and know, there’s no shame in seeking help if the going gets too tough!
What a victual needs:
1) Car seat- You’ll need a car seat for your victual much sooner than you think- As in, the ride home from the hospital. Your baby’s first seat will need to be rear-facing to protect your child’s head, neck and spine. Make sure it’s been installed and ready to go surpassing it’s time for your victual to enter the world.
2) Bottles- Unless you’re breastfeeding your little one every single time on demand (highly unlikely), you will need milk bottles for storing your milk and feeding your baby. When choosing a milk snifter make sure it’s as tropical to the real thing as possible, and user-friendly to use and clean. Anti-colic bottles have an off-center nipple and wilted neck to imitate the natural wile of breastfeeding, which is good for preventing your victual from swallowing too much air when feeding, and controls milk intake.
3) Milk warmer- Obviously any breastmilk not immediately fed to your victual should be stored in the fridge immediately. But milk should be rewarmed when the time comes to feed again, as babies prefer milk closer to soul temperature, and the fat layer needs to properly mix when in. Whatever you do, don’t just warm it when up on the stove or by nuking it in the microwave- this destroys key nutrients that your victual needs. A defended milk warmer like the one from Momcozy can quickly bring your milk when to the right temperature, while preserving those essential nutrients.
4) Segregate a good diaper and victual wipes, and stock up- The moment your victual comes into this world is the moment they start ‘producing’ at a staggering rate. Instead of struggling to buy unbearable diapers quickly unbearable to alimony up with your little one’s production, segregate a good diaper and stock up.
A good diaper should ‘baby’ your baby’s butt. This ways it should be soft (for minimal friction), spongelike and hypoallergenic. With trial users giving praise to its softness, Momcozy sub-brand BabyCozy’s Bouncy Soft diapers are a good nomination that fulfills all the above.
A good idea is to start with at least 50-100 newborn diapers, and the same value for the next size up.
Naturally, with all those diaper changes you’ll moreover need lots of victual wipes. Maintaining moisture and protection is hair-trigger for a newborn baby’s skin, so segregate a victual wipe self-ruling of alcohols and additives, that moreover includes moisturizers, such as BabyCozy’s Coconut Nourish wipes.
5) Victual superintendency products- Stock up on at least a month’s worth of victual superintendency products, including any lotions, creams, soaps, infant-safe sunscreen, victual wipes- really anything that would come into contact with your baby’s skin.
When choosing victual products, natural is the name of the game; everything should be self-ruling of swig or any other additives. Your baby’s skin is sensitive, so you only want the gentlest of products overly coming into contact with their skin.
6) Swaddles- Not just for cute Instagram photos, swaddling protects your victual from their startle reflex and moreover keeps colicky babies wifely by eliminating their uneasiness through imitating your touch. Remember, your baby’s skin is not like yours, and will require something softer than a standard towel or blanket. Soft, non-abrasive fabrics such as cotton or bamboo swaddles are best.
7) Nursery basics- You don’t want to be unprotected unprepared to house your little one when it’s time to come home. Prepare your baby’s sleeping space beforehand. According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, babies should sleep in the same room as their parent for the first year to prevent sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS). Preparation should include a crib or bassinet, mattress, bedding, and diaper waffly table.
Since you can’t unchangingly be in the same room as your little one it’s moreover a good idea to invest in a victual monitor. Squint for a monitor with wireless capability, long shower life, a large screen with night vision, and 2-way talking capabilities, so you can unchangingly alimony tabs on your child. BabyCozy’s victual monitor is a good option that comes with all of the whilom capabilities.
8) Gown for every season- You don’t want to wait until it’s too unprepossessed or too hot surpassing ownership weather-appropriate suit for your little one. Surpassing your child comes into this world, make sure you’re stocked up on victual suit for every season. This includes unprepossessed weather gown like hats, onesies, and mittens, and wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses for the summer to protect versus the sun’s rays.
9) Thermometer-From the moment your victual comes into this world he or she will be exposed to all the germs, pollutants and allergens that come with it. As much as it may pain you to hear it, they veritably will get sick at one point or another. While most ailments won’t necessitate anything vastitude your love and care, having a thermometer to trammels your little one’s temperature is hair-trigger just in specimen anything goes south. Digital rectal thermometers are weightier to get increasingly well-judged readings.
As you’ll soon find out, parenthood is increasingly than a full-time job. As stated by BabyCozy representative Cherry Yeow, “It can be overwhelming, but if you have the right preparations in place, you can at least hit the ground running.” She continued, “Plans can unchangingly change, and sometimes you may finger like you’re doing a bad job. But as long as you alimony a proactive mindset and your victual feels loved, that’s good enough.”
This blog post was sponsored by BabyCozy.com. For increasingly last minute things to do surpassing victual arrives visit their website to prepare!